There have been numerous changes in taxation in recent times. Such changes have fundamental and far-reaching implications for practitioners.
This seminar is designed to equip you to identify issues and provide the necessary taxation advice in commercial property transactions. It will analyse the relevant principles and their practical application. It will also highlight the problems and pitfalls which can occur in day to day practice.
Chaired by Michelle Linnane Stamp Duty
Capital Gains Tax
- Rates and types of property (mixed use)
- Sites and connected commercial contracts
- Sub Sales, Licences and anti-avoidance
VAT (Concepts and Freeholds)
- Sub Sales & Licences
- Zim Properties v Proctor, cash sums relating to land
- Date of disposal
- Seven year relief
- Valuing mixed property
- Clearance certificates
VAT (Leaseholds and Capital Goods Scheme)
- Concepts, developed land
- Freeholds and Freehold equivalents
Acting for Developer
- VAT on Leases
- Capital Goods Scheme
- Cancellation of Waivers on Short Leases
Tips and Traps
- Taxing Profits - Income tax v CGT
- Help to Buy
Michelle McLoughlin and Finola O’Hanlon
- Charges on Property, rates
- Tax Clearances
These times include a 30 minute networking coffee break.
To book your place, click ‘book’ on the top of this page.
You can pay by credit/debit card or choose to be invoiced.
For any further queries you may have call 01 8788 258 or email email@example.com